[Updated for Spring Semester]
HOW TO ENROLL IN CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Prior to registration, all new students must complete the appraisal assessment with the exception of PT & LVN students. (PT & LVN students must complete the LVN/PT assessment.
Call (626) 934-2801 for dates and information.) PT & LVN students must complete the LVN/PT test. ALL students will receive an introduction to the basic rules and regulations of Hacienda La Puente Adult Education.
A program specific Orientation may also be required prior to registration. See the program of interest listing. This is the first step to qualify and begin your vocational career training and education.
Policies & Procedures
• Students must go to the Learning & Assessment Center (L.A.C.), in
room #118, during scheduled appraisal times.
The appraisal test is FREE.
• Space is limited to 20 students in the mornings and 10 students in the afternoon.
• Must be on time! Please note that prior to the start of a semester or new session, students are encouraged to come
early due to reaching full capacity and staff being unable to accommodate all who require pre registration
• Plan to stay at least 2 hours.
• Students that do not meet the basic skill level requirement for a given training will be recommended to attend
academic classes and may not be eligible to enroll for training classes.
• You must bring: two number 2 pencils and one pen.
• You must be 18 years of age or older to enroll in the orientation class.
• Sorry, childcare is not available.
||Appraisal Dates and Times (Includes Counseling Time):
Willow Center, L.A.C. (room #118)
|9:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
|December 9, December 16, January 6, January 13
December 10, January 7, January 14, January 21, January 28, February 4,
February 18, March 11, March 25, April 8, April 22, April 29
December 18, January 8, January 15, January 22, February 12, March 19, April 16, May 7
FREE TRAINING BENEFITS & FINANCIAL AID
• Are you unemployed?
• Are you low income?
• Is your present company going
out of business?
• Are you a veteran?
• Do you need job counseling?
• Do you currently receive
EDD benefits of any kind?
• Are you working with the Department of Rehabilitation or Social Services?
• Do you need re-training to enter a new profession?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions then you may be eligible for EDD Benefits, Training Benefits or Financial Aid.
Call the Workforce Development Center immediately! (626) 934-2850.
PLAN AHEAD FOR FALL 2014!
APPLY NOW FOR FINANCIAL AID
Planning for Fall 2014 - August Registration
When applying for Pell Grant (Financial Aid)
be sure you have been accepted into your program.
1. Apply on line by filling out the Free
Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA). Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
2. Allow a minimum of 3 days for the FAFSA
to be received by the financial aid office.
3. The following items and printouts will be
needed to schedule an appointment once
a student’s FAFSA is processed.
a. Valid CA Identification or Driver’s License
b. Social Security Card
c. Original High School Diploma or sealed H.S. Transcript, or GED
d. 2013-14 SAR (Student Aid Report) printout. Student obtains printout by logging into their FAFSA record online
e. NSLDS Pell Grant History printout. (Student will need to log into www.nslds.ed.gov using the same PIN used for
applying for their FAFSA)
f. Bring items (A through E) to the financial aid office
g. At that time an appointment will be made for you
(Please remember that those who receive Pell Grant may still have to pay a portion of the cost upon registration.)