HOW TO ENROLL IN CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Prior to registration, all new students for Cosmetology, Trades, Medical Assistant, Medical Billing, Dental Assistant, Optical Technician, Child Development, and Business Careers must complete the appraisal assessment and receive an introduction to the basic rules and regulations of Hacienda La Puente Adult Education.
A program specific Orientation may also be required prior to registration. See the program of interest listing.
Policies & Procedures
• Students must go to the Learning & Assessment Center (L.A.C.), in room #118, during scheduled appraisal times.
• Space is limited to 20 students in the mornings and 10 students in the afternoon.
• Must be on time! Please note that prior to the start of a semester or new session, students are encouraged to come
early due to reaching full capacity and staff being unable to accommodate all who require pre registration
• Plan to stay at least 2 hours.
• Students that do not meet the basic skill level requirement for a given training will be recommended to attend
academic classes and may not be eligible to enroll for training classes.
• You must bring: two number 2 pencils and one pen.
• You must be 18 years of age or older to enroll in the orientation class.
• Babysitting is not available.
FREE TRAINING BENEFITS & FINANCIAL AID
• Are you unemployed?
• Are you low income?
• Is your present company going
out of business?
• Are you a veteran?
• Do you need job counseling?
• Do you currently receive
EDD benefits of any kind?
• Are you working with the Department of Rehabilitation or Social Services?
• Do you need re-training to enter a new profession?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions then you may be eligible for EDD Benefits, Training Benefits or Financial Aid.
Call the Workforce Development Center Immediately! (626) 934-2850.