Skip To Main Content

Financial Aid

Student Financial Aid

Helping hands in tough times!

Federal PELL grants available to eligible students.

Hacienda La Puente Adult education offers grants to full-time, part-time and in some cases less than part-time students. Most financial aid resources are intended to supplement, not replace, the financial resource of the family.

We have financial aid available to help you with the cost of education, which includes fees, books, supplies, miscellaneous cost, housing, and transportation.

Determining Eligibility for Federal Student Aid:

Piggy bank
  1. Apply online by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Go to Our school code: 012522.
  2. Allow a minimum of 3-5 days for the eSAR (Electronic Stu dent Aid Report) to be received by the financial aid office.
  3. The following items will be needed to determine eligibility for Federal Student Aid:
    a. Valid CA Identification or Driver’s License
    b. Social Security Card
    c. Official sealed H.S. Transcript, diploma or State issued High School Equivalency Certificate (HSE)
    d. Review and printout of your 2023-24 eSAR (Electronic Student Aid Report). To obtain printout go to
    e. Bring items (A through E) to the financial aid office.

Note: You may be required to verify your spouse and/or parent's income.

(Please remember that those who receive PELL grant may still have to pay a portion of the cost upon registration.)

*Please bring all documents to the Financial Aid Tech located in the Workforce Office.

Minimum requirements

Minimum requirements to receive Federal Student Aid are as follow:

  • Meet U.S. Citizenship or eligible non-citizenship requirements. (Note: Deferred Action recipients are not eligible for Federal Student Aid)
  • Student must possess a High School Diploma or State issued High School Equivalency Certificate from a regionally accredited institution ( Examples are: GED®, HiSET. (Foreign High School Diploma must be notarized, translated and is the responsibility of the student.)
  • Plan to enroll in any one of our Title IV Approved Vocational Programs. (See list below*)
  • Demonstrate a need.
  • Males must have applied for Selective Service before ages 18-24.

Financial Aid is available to students who qualify and meet the requirements. You must be enrolled and attending one of the Career Technical Education courses listed below.

*The following HLPAE training programs eligible for Financial Aid Benefits (PELL Grant) for students who qualify:

Programs Eligible for financial Aid

Administrative Assistant

Automotive Technician


Combination Welder


Culinary Arts Academy


HVAC Service Technician

Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)

Major Appliance Technician

Medical Assistant

Pharmacy Technician

Psychiatric Technician

Registered Dental Assistant


Financial Aid applications take time to process so begin early.

Application must be approved and processed prior to attending class. 

To get started apply online by visiting the Federal Student Aid website:

Once you have applied you will need to call the financial aid office at (626) 934-2850 to turn in additional documents needed to determine Financial Aid.


When a student withdraws or is dismissed from Hacienda La Puente Adult Education, a determination of the earned and unearned portion of Title IV aid will be determined. The date of withdrawal or last date attended will be used according to attendance records generated by the School’s Attendance System (ASAP).