Skip To Main Content

Veterans Benefits

Approved Courses for Veteran's Benefits

Go to GI Bill® to complete the necessary paperwork with the Veteran’s Administration and see the approved training courses by the Council on Occupational Education.

Approved for Veteran Benefits:

  • Administrative Assistant
  • Automotive Technician
  • Barber
  • Combination Welder
  • Cosmetologist
  • Esthetician
  • HVAC Service Technician
  • Licensed Vocational Nurse
  • Major Appliance Technician
  • Psychiatric Technician
  • Registered Dental Assistant

Requirements for Eligible Veterans to Enroll

You must provide the following documents:

  1. DD-214 (member 4 copy)
  2. Copy of CA driver's license (front and back)
  3. Military ID (front and back if applicable)
  4. Certificate of Eligibility or C.O.E. (most recent)
  5. Prior Training transcripts from all schools you have attended.

Please email these documents to You will be contacted when your name comes up on our waiting list for enrollment into our program.

Steps to Apply for Training:

You must fill out our CTE/Vocational Training interest form with your information and we will be calling you in the order you applied. We may have a waiting list.

When we contact you, we will provide a packet that must be completed and sent back to begin the enrollment process. All forms must be completed thoroughly. We will not accept any incomplete forms.

Completed Packet Includes:

  • Intake Application                                                                 
  • Admissions for workforce office form
  • HLP Student Survey          
  • Workforce Services Veterans Referral form
  • Prior Credit Evaluation form        
  • Registration Form
  • VIB Bulletin

Once You Have Been Contacted to Register - 

If it is your first time applying for VA educational benefits, you must go to the VA website  to apply for your educational benefits or to change your place of training.

If it is your first time using your educational benefits, you must fill out VA Form 22-1999.

If you have already used your educational benefits at another training facility, you must fill out a VA form 22-1995 and provide a copy of your completed process.

Once enrolled into a program, students will not be able to transfer to a different class, as this will create a debt for the student and the school.  You must complete the entire program you enrolled into before taking any other classes.

Prior Training Credit:

If you are awarded prior training credit, this means that the amount of hours credited, will be deducted from the total hours required to complete your current program.   This is a new VA requirement and all prior training will be evaluated.

Hacienda La Puente Adult Education complies with 38 U.S.C §3679(e) as follows: 

For Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31) students, our tuition policy complies with 38 U.S.C §3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments.

Students with Veteran benefits including active duty, or dependent eligible for VA Chapter 31 and 33 will have their fees deferred while being certified by the VA and the campus Veterans Services office and no late fees shall be incurred.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

If interested in Financial Aid, please contact Financial Aid Office.